Grandmother's Stuff

As said before we are renovating our house and will get a much bigger kitchen with more storage space. So I finally have some space for these two vases I got from my husband's grandmother. I found the grey/brown color a bit dull and since I love cherry blossom (my parents had two cherry trees in their front garden, that gave the most beautiful blossom in spring) I cheered them up with some blossom. I really love the result!

Before

After

My own grandmother, who died a couple of years ago, gave me a box full of china, among lots of other things. The box hasn't been unpacked before, so I was really suprised when I found this beautiful piece! The pale blue color and the contrasting white, the design, it's just perfect!



Comments

  1. Those are very pretty!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting love what you did to the pieces making them more your style
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! visiting from Share it Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design you added on the vases! They are beautiful. I wish my painting hand were more steady. Thanks for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those vases! Cherry trees? I can't wait to see the cherry trees in bloom this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that you're renovating and will soon have more space. I've never once had a big (or even medium sized) kitchen in my adult life (the one that we have now is the closest to medium I've come so far) and can just imagine how thrilled you must be to know that you'll soon have more room to move about, cook, and display beautiful treasures like these in your kitchen.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your immensely nice comment on today's outfit post.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vases! I love cherry blossoms!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice addition to the vases! I like your cherry blossom design. Thanks for sharing at The Party On The Porch. Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Great job! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag